IPT Menu: Image Processing Toolbox
• Frame operations. Simple pixelwise operations performed band by band:
1. Algebra. Adding, subtracting, dividing etc. image bands
2. Center image. Make the mean of each band zero by subtracting the mean.
3. Normalize image. Make the mean 0 and standard deviation 1 for each band by subtracting mean and dividing by standard deviation.
4. Fix bad values. NaN and extreme values set to valid pixel values.
• Background correction. Correct for uneven background by subtracting a lowpass filtered version of the image. Usually this is done for images with uneven illumination (not from VideometerLab) and for images where fine scale texture is measured after removing coarse scale variation.
• Filtering. A selection of image filters for smoothing, edge and line detection and matched filters.
• Morphology. A selection of morphological filters operating on local shape characteristics.
• Segmentation. Threshold segmentation for making a decision on what is foreground and what is background. Also segmentation for ridges (Hessian) and along watershed lines.