Can you successfully initialized the VideometerLab Instrument?
1. Make sure that the VideometerLab is turned on and the front logo is flashing.
2. If asked for a config file, get it by logging in on , or ask Videometer support line for your config file.
3. If the strobecontroller is not found, make sure that the USB2 port of the VideometerLab is connected to a working USB port on the PC.
Try to disconnect and connect the USB-cable to see if strobecontroller is detected. Do not use a USB-hub in between PC and VideometerLab.
4. If the camera is not found and the instrument is a VideometerLab 2 or VideometerLab 3
Be sure that the camera driver is installed exactly according to the readme file found in JAI Driver.
Driver and all necessary files are in the same folder.
Be sure to follow the instructions in JAI Camera Setup, Windows firewall, and Windows Power Settings carefully.
If the camera is still not found then try the app JAIControlTool in C:Program FilesJAISDKbin and check if this can find the camera.
If the camera is still not found there may be more GigE plugs on the PC. Try swithcing to another plug.
If the camera is still not found then try changing the GigE cable between VideometerLab and PC.
5. If the camera is not found and the instrument is a VideometerLab 4
Power cycle the instrument by removing power cable and USB cables. Then wait 10 seconds and turn on the instrument.
Finally, reboot your PC and connect the cables again.
Make sure that a superspeed USB cable of max 1 m length is connected between the VideometerLab and a superspeed USB port on the PC. No USB hub should be used in this connection.